COVID-19 Updates and Resources
COOK COUNTY MITIGATION UPDATE
As of today, March 3, 2021, Cook County Department of Public Health has issued a mitigation (Order #2021-5) for Region 10. Complete press release and order details can be reviewed here.
Bars, Restaurants, Private Clubs, Country Clubs (All businesses that offer food or beverages for on-premises consumption—including, but not limited to, restaurants, bars, grocery stores, and food halls):
- Indoor service is limited to the lesser of 50 patrons or 50% of capacity per room.
- Food must be available at all times in order to offer indoor service. Bars, taverns or breweries without a food license can reopen indoors as long as they partner with a food establishment (e.g., making menus available and allowing delivery, allowing patrons to order from third-party delivery services).
- Indoor and outdoor table size limited to no more than six people.
Meetings, Social Events and Gatherings – including, but not limited to, weddings, potlucks:
- Indoor events allowed at the lesser of 50% capacity, or a maximum of 50 individuals. Events must follow indoor dining guidelines.
- Dance floors must remain closed.
Indoor Recreation Centers (e.g., arcades)
- Indoor spaces limited to the lesser of 50% capacity, or a maximum of 50 individuals per space.
- Capacity limited to 25% occupancy.
- Guided tours limited to 50 individuals per group.
Indoor Live Music, Performance Venues & Night Clubs
- Events must follow indoor dining guidelines where food is available i.e. table service, or:
- At outdoor kiosk, pre-packaged food and drink via “grab and go” is permitted with queuing areas clearly marked to observe social distancing, or
- Based on indoor service area size:
- Indoor quick service areas over 500 square feet, pre-packaged food and drink via “grab and go” with no queuing permitted.
- Indoor quick service areas 500 square feet and under, prepackaged food and drink via “grab and go” with queuing areas clearly marked to observe social distancing.
- For any live performances, any seating within 6-ft. of stage must be closed or an impermeable barrier installed between stage and patrons.
- Capacity limited to the lesser of 50 people or 50% capacity per room/space, excluding employees
- Venue operators must close all dance floors / prohibit dancing among patrons
- No physical contact between patrons and performers or employees.
- Maximum of ten guest group size.I
Read the ENTIRE Mitigation Order
(additional business types included)